Did you know?
When your child goes to a Tasmanian Government school you will find that there are costs that you will need to pay. These include levies, school uniforms, excursions and other costs associated with your child’s educational program.
If you are eligible, there are a number of financial assistance schemes available to assist you to cover costs.
Where to start
The levy you pay contributes to the cost of your child’s education program, and includes:
- Items your child uses during the school year such as learning materials and stationery.
- Services, such as school excursions, attending performances and school camps that are part of your child’s educational program.
School levies and charges form an essential proportion of school income. As matter of equity, all parents and guardians who are not in receipt of Student Assistance Scheme (STAS) are expected to organise payment of levies during first term of the school year. This includes making payment in full or alternatively agreeing to an ongoing payment plan over the course of the school year.
Deloraine High School levies are reviewed every year and set by the School Association.
Payments may be made as follows:
- By BPAY – contact your bank or financial institution to make the payment from your account;
- At a Service Tasmania shop;
- Centrepay, a service provided through Centrelink, please ask the school for a form; or
- At the school; we offer EFTPOS and accept cash and cheques.
Student Assistance Scheme (STAS) 2023
The Student Assistance Scheme provides assistance for low income families towards the cost of levies. STAS is provided through school and college resourcing rather than payment direct to families. Only one application needs to be made per family. A copy of the application form can be obtained from the school office or downloaded by clicking on the following link: www.service.tas.gov.au/services/education-and-skills/financial-support-for-students/apply-for-the-student-assistance-scheme